Friday, August 5, 2016

We Have A Problem


Slavery. Some people say get over it. Reparations. We need our 40 acres and a mule. Freedom. Are we really free? As young black woman living in these United States, slavery still effects and affects me. Has the black community in this country really healed from the atrocities of slavery? I’m here to say… NO! We need to address the effects of this horrible portion of history. We are divided. We are urged by mainstream society to get over it. Yet we are at the bottom of the barrel. The effects of slavery go down generations. This nation was built on the back of slaves and has flourished. Yet the descendants of these said slaves seem not to flourish. This is serious. We need to address the symptoms of the effects of the enslavement of African people. Do I have the answers? Not necessarily but I recognize a problem and we need to come together and figure it out. This is my opinion. Yes I Have An Opinion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment