Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Lighten Up!


Everyone loves to laugh. Who doesn’t love comedy? Is there a fine line between being insensitive and just being plain funny? When is a joke too offensive? When a comedian tells a joke about a group of people online some people may get very offended. I just saw a joke online about dating Haitian women and one viewer got so offended. Do you think if the comedian were Haitian would she be ok with it? Did the jokes apply to her? I don’t know. To be honest I think she was overreacting and being sensitive. However in the past I have been offended by some jokes about my culture but I have learned to develop thick skin. It is not that serious it is just a joke or is it? I don’t believe comedians should be censored for their jokes. Comedy is entertainment. One thing I can say to that individual is to lighten up. If you know that you are not that type of Haitian woman don’t feel some type of way. There are more serious things to be offended about in our world today. Don’t you agree? Yes This Is My Opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment