Monday, November 14, 2016

Election 2016 Part Deux

I use this blog to express my thoughts on various subjects that hold dear to me. Last Tuesday was a watershed event for the United States. I spoke about the election last year in a rather light way in one post. You can check it out right now:Election 2016 Yet this is not a light issue it is rather heavy. I am a child of Haitian immigrants so I am appalled at our President elect’s comments. I don’t need to mention his name. We live in a crazy time but are we really surprised? We now know what the closet racists have been thinking in this country. The disfranchised groups of this country need to wake up. America’s history has been fueled by a white supremacist culture.
 We need to stop being Internet activists and be the change we need to be for our children’s future. I am guilty of talking and not doing anything, but seriously this is not the time to have rants on social media. We need to organize and mobilize. History is definitely repeating itself. Let us learn our history and rise up. The power is in the people. This what I can say about everything concerning last Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment