Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Are Music Videos Over?



I grew up on Total Request Live and 106 & Park. It was a great platform to listen and view your favorite artists. I remember wanting to be part of the audience of both shows since they filmed in my city. Over time both shows have been canceled. YouTube has taken over the music video landscape. Companies such as Vevo have now been providing music consumers with artist’s visuals. Times have changed and I wonder if today’s generation pays attention to music videos like I did in my younger years. What are some ways that the new generation is paying attention to music videos? Are music videos still relevant in this digital age?

2 comments:

  1. Kendrick Lamar is definitely reinvigorating music videos with his latest releases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree his videos are epic. I love DNA.

      Delete