Monday, April 3, 2017

Was Kendrick Saying Too Much?


All over social media I saw reactions to Kendrick Lamar’s music video “Humble”. I had to watch it for myself and see what the fuss is about. I saw the video and to be honest I Kendrick was just fed up with not seeing natural attributes on women. I don’t think it is that deep. To say this is misogynistic and patriarchal is too much. I think we live in a hyper sensitive society in this day and age. When someone states their opinion artistically we demonize the person. If you feel offended about someone’s preferences then don’t listen to that song or stop listening to the artist. Labeling the person does not help the situation. That’s how I feel. Do you feel “Humble” was misogynistic and patriarchal? Share your opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment